Thursday, February 02, 2006


Add to the list of confusing Times Standard headlines one this morning, found at the top of the front page and repeated on the front of Northern Lights, the entertainment pull out: "Jeff Tweedy solo, acoustic and free" it says, with the word "free" in very large type. Solo, yes; acoustic, yes, but it ain't free: Admission is $25, $20 for HSU students. Last I heard there were a few tickets left.
BTW, I share something in common with Mr. Tweedy: We both have sons named Spencer who play the drums.

And while we're on the subject of Northern Lights (I keep wanting to say Exposure), did anyone else notice the uncanny resemblance between new T-S music columnist Joel Hartse (who gets my kudos for flipping Times Standard to become Standard Time) and the slightly scruffy guy used to illustrate a piece on How to Use a Bail Bondsman in the T-S How To... ad pull-out the other day?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bob, The TS story was a mess. Not only was the headline confusing it did not mention "free" again in the rest of the story. No mention of any price anywhere. I was going to call Center Arts but decided to check here first. Somehow I knew you would have it right. I see you got some help from Fred. Sorry I haven't been much help. Been busy learning a new job at work the last 3 weeks. No night life, no time for web site or calendar. Got some catching up to do myself. Keep up the good work. CJ

Joel said...

Those Bail Bondsman are always there for me when I need them.

I never saw the ad, but I'll bet you I look scruffier in my blogger profile photo.

best, jh