Thursday, February 23, 2006

Dear Anonymous Re: [HumBlog] 2/22/2006 11:42:17 PM

This comment came in regarding the 2/22 post about trying to set the record straight on McCoy Tyner's alleged involvement with Ike and Tina Turner (see below). 
The post begins: We all make mistakes.

Date: February 22, 2006 11:43:20 PM PST
To: journal (at) cox.net
Subject: [HumBlog] 2/22/2006 11:42:17 PM

yeah, like the misinformation piece on the green party just to smack greg allen around, and by your editor no less. do you ever tire of working for such a heartless hack like hank sims?

--
Posted by Anonymous to HumBlog at 2/22/2006 11:42:17 PM

Anonymous? Is that you Charles? Good to see the politicos are visiting HumBlog. 
I haven't picked up this week's Journal yet, and I actually have not read the story on Prop. T and the Green Party business, so I can't exactly comment on it. 
But I can answer your question. First, I don't exactly work for Hank, I'd describe it more as working together. And I love working with him. He's my favorite of all the Journal editors so far. 
Heartless? Hardly. He has a heart as big as all outdoors. 
A hack? I don't think so. My dictionary defines the word as a "a writer producing dull, unoriginal work." I don't find his writing dull by any means. And it's anything but unoriginal. I'd describe him as tough, and I know some of what he writes pisses people off, but it's honest, well researched journalism. I'm getting kind of tired of activists who take the same stance as our short-sighted president along the lines of — if you're not with us, you're against us (or with the terrorists). Are we supposed to be pom pom girls for whatever cause comes along? 


2 Comments:

Blogger Captain Future said...

Didn't you know that? You move to the left, you move to the right, you move down the center and fight, fight, fight!

1:29 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

"I'm getting kind of tired of activists who take the same stance as our short-sighted president along the lines of — if you're not with us, you're against us"

Agreed

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home